Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Pet Ear & Eye Health Tips and other Pet Medication topics.
Canines have very delicate ears, and proper care is essential to keep your dog in peak condition. The problem is, however, that most ear problems are internal so you may not notice them immediately. It is up to you to monitor your dog's health. If you think your dog has an ear infection or other problem, consult a vet immediately. Here are some symptoms to be on the lookout for:
• The dog is shaking his head a lot more than normal.
• The dog is constantly scratching his ears.
• The dog holds his head at an unusual angle (tilted).
• The ear has a strong, cheesy or sour odor.
• There is a heavy, waxy material in the ear.
• Hair is matted in the ear canal.
• Fleas or ticks are abundant around and in the ear.
• There is red, or inflamed skin in or around the ear.
• The inside of the ear is constantly wet.